Sunday 17 May 2020
The Music School, Trent College, Derby Road, Long Eaton, NG10 4AD
Pop: the substance behind the style
A practical day exploring teaching pop singing at a grassroots level
with Jono McNeil
About the day
Singing teachers are increasingly being required to teach across the full spectrum of genres. This professional development day is designed for teachers looking to further their knowledge of pop singing and provide some of the substance behind the style. During the day, Jono will work with a range of students of different ages and levels of experience to help you build a tool kit for use in your own teaching practice.
Jono McNeil is a senior vocal lecturer at the Academy of Contemporary Music and also works as a vocal coach for The Voice Kids, The Voice, Wedding Day Winners and Change Your Tune, airing on BBC1 and ITV.
He is an artist and singer in his own right as well as providing vocal coaching for professional singers, contemporary artists and musical theatre performers, combining a unique complement of skills to provide a well-blended approach to maximise the possibilities of the voice. He adopts a holistic approach, with a deep focus on sustainable vocal technique, contemporary vocal styling and dynamic performance skills.
Trent College is just five minutes from junction 25 of the M1, and there is plenty of free parking. If coming by public transport, Trent College is on the bus route from Nottingham and Derby. Long Eaton train station is about 1.5 miles from the college and taxis are readily available costing around £5.
- AOTOS member: £50
- AOTOS student member: £25
- Guest accompanied by a member: £45 each
- Non-member: £80
The price includes teas and coffees and a buffet lunch. Dietary requirements can be catered for with advanced notice.
How to pay
- To pay by debit card, credit card or PayPal, click below to go to the booking form and you’ll then be taken to the PayPal site to complete payment – you don’t need a PayPal account.
- To pay by cheque or bank transfer, submit the booking form then ignore the PayPal page; email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for our bank details or the address to send cheques to.
- The Liza Hobbs bursary covers the fee for a Professional Development Day (not including travel and accommodation expenses) for a member who is experiencing difficulty in finding sufficient resources to cover the cost. The deadline for applications is a month before the Development Day.
Contact your Central Area Representative, Sarah Taylor, who is organising the day.